Posted: June 1, 2013
Your patient may have come in for a procedure on a body area that has bothered them for a long time. They have the surgery, a successful recovery and are doing well. Now what? As a plastic surgeon, you can offer maintenance procedures that can help them age gracefully, beautifully and maintain their best qualities. Offer some suggestions on how to keep up appearances.
1) Liposuction – the second most popular procedure after breast surgery, liposuction can give a patient a contoured figure that can accentuate procedures like a tummy tuck or breast augmentation.
– Procedure information: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/body/liposuction
– Thigh gap envy? See what’s behind “Our obsession with thigh gap” http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/obsession-thigh-gap-1050634
– Male patients may not know “Surgeons see rise in male breast reduction” http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/surgeons-rise-male-breast-reduction-procedures-1046189
2) Fillers – patients who have had a facelift, brow lift or neck lift may have gotten rid of loose skin and the majority of wrinkles, but perhaps there’s loss of volume in the lips, under eye or the cheeks that fillers could address.
– Explain the difference between Botox and fillers: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/difference-botox-facial-fillers-1049000
– Have good cheekbones? Good, keep it that way! http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/strong-cheekbones-1050428
– Stem cell facelift is a hot new topics – educate your patients http://www.surgery.org/media/news-releases/do-stem-cell-claims-in-aesthetic-surgery-hold-up
3) Laser skin rejuvenation – a surgical procedure might have given you new confidence, but nothing gives a boost like clear, taut skin that screams youth. Let your patients know their options with laser treatments.
– Educate patients about laser hair removal – hundreds of thousands get this treatment a year: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/deal-laser-hair-removal-1048332
– Cellulite could put a damper on your summer wardrobe – it’s a good time for cellulaze or other laser treatments: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/cellulite-down-finally-solution-1046737
– What treatments do you offer? How should patients prepare? Here’s a great article that focuses on the basics: http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/541956/laser-treatments-everything-you-need-to-know.html
VIDEO: Here are some videos of patient testimonials. Use these or film your own.
– Zeltiq: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/watch/zeltiq-light-and-energy-based-therapies/
– Ultherapy: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/channel/skincare/
– Liposuction: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/watch/beth-leg-liposuction/
– Fillers after facelift: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/watch/joanne-fillers-after-my-facelift/