Posted: November 19, 2012
Men have long seen the benefits of cosmetic surgery and skincare on their wives or girlfriends; now it’s their turn. According to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, almost 10% of men had plastic surgery in 2011 and over 10% of all patients who come in for Botulinum Toxin injections are male.
1) Positive trends in men’s health and beauty
Take advantage of ASAPS’ new infographic that visually represents men’s plastic surgery preferences, skincare trends and some surprising details about what products they might borrow from their significant others. – Hello, handsome: Male plastic surgery and skincare trends http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/hello-handsome–male-plastic-surgery-skincare-trends-infographic-1044198?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
2) Common problems men face Men have insecurities and problem areas, just like women. Let them know that they’re not alone and that there are solutions to these common body complaints.
- Men’s biggest body complaints, and the surgeries to treat them
- Liposuction, eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty are the top three procedures for men
- Liposuction: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/body/liposuction
- Eyelid surgery: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/head/eyelid-surgery
- Rhinoplasty: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/head/nose-reshaping
- Don’t forget to give nonsurgical options, which appeals to men because of the shorter downtime and less drastic changes/results: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/23/3063503/many-ways-to-lift-droopy-brow.html
3) Maintenance procedures
Just like a haircut and a shave or a wax, men are maintaining their looks with regular appointments. First step should be sure to maintain a good skincare regime and take advantage of anti-aging procedures.
- Skincare regime and protection important for men during winter months
- More Wall Street men are turning to Botox
Project Beauty Videos: Related topics for Men
- Nonsurgical: Zeltiq and energy –based therapies
- Gynecomastia: Thanks for the Mammaries – NOT
Back to blog pageShare